What do I need to get for my soon-to-be middle schooler???

My daughter is going to be in middle school for the first time!!!
What do I need to get her to help her????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Did she not go to elem. school? They should've given you a list of all the supplies she'll need.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 8:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Book bag/pack
    Binder to organize materials for each subject
    Notebooks or paper for each subject
    Calculator
    Pencils and pens
    Possibly an organizer for her locker
    Anonymous

• Call the school and ask what supplies are needed. Also, she may get lists the first day of school, some teachers in middle school have their own lists depending on the subject.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Stay involved. Be sure to ask her questions about her day, and ask if she has homework, OR if there were long-term projects assigned that may be due in a week or so. Lots of kids will wait until the last minute on those, and then become overwhelmed.
    Give all her teachers your email address, and check in periodically to see how she is doing.
    Good luck!
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• My son is going to middle school for the first time this year too and I am having the same problem, I was told to just get the basics, binder, dividers, paper, pencils/pens and that sort of thing. My school told us that the first day of school all the teachers will tell the kids what they need for their specific classes due to the fact that not all kids are taking that same classes. Hope this help.... Are you nervouse about middle school? I am a little.....
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2009