How do you make new friends?

I lost my best friend two years ago. I'm at an age that it's hard to make new ones. I'm also very shy. How can I make new friends. Iwork alot of hours and haven't been able to connect with my co-workers. Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I have the same problem. Being a military wife, I moved across the country from all my friends and family and it's really lonely.
    I'm thinking about hosting a Pure Romance or Mary Kay party and inviting everyone in the neighborhood.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 8:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• we're your friends here in cafemom, you can talk to SOME of us anytime. I have no friends either, I talk to my sisters, we go out together and thats it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i just approch ppl that i think would be interesting and start talkin to them like at the local library i saw a woman about my age lookin thru the same books i was lookin thru and b4 we left i asked for her number and i gave her mine....and we talk daily now
    Anonymous

• I wish it was that easy for me
    I try to talk to people, but I get short answers, and I'd feel weird asking someone for their number...This is a good question, I cant wait to hear more answers.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you shouldnt feel weird about askin for numbers cause chances are they maybe wantin a new friend and maybe shy about it...i never been turned down or get that wow your crazy look. i used to be shy and at first had a hard time goin to ppl i didnt know and start talkin to them had to almost force myself to start a conversation, and not saying ask random ppl for numbers just the ones you click with and you be suprised how many friends you will make
    Anonymous

• yeah this is a very good question bc i have the same problem. i lost my best friend a couple months ago. i want to reconnect with her but i feel it would just be awkward. and its so hard to find new friends. i just want to move somewhere else and start fresh bc i know everyone in my community and it sucks.
    Anonymous

• Well, this is a start...knowing others are going through the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have the same problem. I married a soldier and had to move away from everyone. Now I am a stay at home mom, and by the time I am done cleaning, cooking, tending to the baby, husband, and even my cat...all I want to do is take a bath and relax. It is hard to get the energy to make new friends, especially since the women that are married to the soldiers my husband know do not fit my personality. I don;t need a billion best friends, but some people to talk to now and then is never a bad thing. i hope you have better luck in the future!
    Army_Wife41

Answer by Army_Wife41 at 2:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2009