contractions...

I'm 31 weeks, and have been having BH contractions since about week 24 at least 10-15 times a day/night....dr. is very aware, but says that as long as im not dialting from them, im good! Some are painful, but not unbearable...LAst night I was having them about every 5 minutes, with no pain, just the tightening, and i did as she told me to, took a bath and relaxed, drank water and lay down on my left side...i finally fell asleep and i woke up this morning around 4 am with bad RL pains and the baby was moving like CRAZY! I dont think ive ever felt him move that much...and all day today i took it easy, and i just got up and walked around for a bit, and contractions started again...but this time, every time i have one, it feels like bad bad gas cramps or like i need to have a bowel movement(but i dont!!)...so are these contractions some to worry about, or is it normal...i feel a lot of pressure esp. when walking! I waddle =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, they sound like BH contractions too. BH contractions can vary in intensity and strength. Most babies aren't too happy about being squeezed by the more intense BH contractions, and get more active.

Real labor contractions extend all the way across your abdomen to your back...there's no mistaking them for BH contractions.

Regardless of how they feel, if you have more than 4 in 1 hour, they don't go away when you eat/drink/change positions, are accompanied by vomiting or loose bowels, or you have spotting or bloody show, you should call your doctor, because these are signs of preterm labor.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• BH contractions , Im 37 weeks and i use to get them a lot too when ever you get them try to lay on your left side to get more blood flow to the baby. they should stop.
    Anonymous