Is side discomfort normal at 10 weeks pregnant?

I always had this pain in my right side, even before I was pregnant. It was never anything unbearable. But not that I am pregnant I am worried. I don't have cramping and absolutely no blood but I am still worried. I also have back pain when I get up in the morning and before I go to bed. This morning the pain in my lower abdomen was stretching across to my left side. I have had an internal ultrasound done and they took pictures of my ovaries too and didn't say anything. I've also heard that it could be my ligaments stretching to accomodate the baby growing. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance and to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. Oh also this is my first pregnancy so I am worried about everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know the feeling about worrying! I'm 39 weeks with my first, and I swear I think I've made 100 trips to the ER with this pregnancy! :) I had pain there in my first trimester as my uterus and ligaments began to stretch. I've heard its not uncommon especially in the first pregnancy. If your doctor isn't concerned then that's probably all it is! My back also was very sore, but I'm not sure why... I just remember it was. Your body is starting to stretch to accommodate the new baby and sometimes it will be painful- but soo worth it!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• No need to be worried although I understand exactly where you're coming from. I am 21 weeks with my first too and the stretching and pulling I have been feeling is unreal. I feel like all of my insides are constantly shifting and the urge to use the bathroom is constant. It's worse at night time when I am trying to sleep
    TeacherMom09

Answer by TeacherMom09 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree...uterus and ligaments began to stretch to accomadate the growing baby. It'll feel a bit crampy...drink some water or juice and switch positons, that always helped for me.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009