I want to leave!

I believe in God, I believe in what Jesus did for us on the cross. But my life being a christian is a burden. Ther are so many can't and have to's and if I miss one I don't get to go to heaven and the new earth. I am not happy. I feel guilty about everything I do from the bedroom to my entertainment! I will never doubt God and God's existence and I am fully thankful for what Jesus did but am I to live my life like this? I don't want to be a christian if I have to second guess myself everyday! Any help on making me understand?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I would suggest you look into (not saying you HAVe to change) other religions and see if you can find one that fits better with what you believe. I was a Christian at one time and the reason I left was because I had too many questions that just weren't answered. So, I left and have found Paganism, which fits what I know in my heart better then Christianity ever did. But, don't go jumping into the first religion you come across, either. Make sure you study and really learn what the religion is about before you commit yourself to it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't want to commit to any other religion because I believe in christianity. But to be a christian makes me feel terrable inside. I feel like everything I do is a sin and I would be so $%^#%&%^& pissed if I avoided all the sins and did al lthe things God asks of us and not get into heaven. Mainly because I do not do these things with a happy heart. My heart is heavy and I HATE it sometimes!
    Anonymous

• But I do thakn you for the council on not jumping into any one regliion :) Thank you sorry didn't mean to shut out what you said :)
    Anonymous

• yeah, i help you understand. organized religions are BS. the bible is a fairytale that make people scared and ashamed. for example, my grandmas brother is gay. my grandma is VERY catholic and goes to church all the time, etc. She is so ashamed and embarrassed of her brother because of what the bible says. She cant truly love her brother because she believes so much in the bible. its ridiculous. alls you have to do in life is be good to yourself and be good to others. dont intentionally hurt people, and do the best you can. nobody is going to judge you when you die and tell you wether you go to heaven or hell. the only person that can judge you, is yourself. why put your faith in a god that doesnt love you for who you are? YOU ARE YOUR OWN GOD. please, think for yourself - dont let a book that was written millions of years ago by who even knows rule your life. when you think about it, isnt that kind of silly?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That is one of the reasons why I despise organised religion.  The rules and restrictions are impossible for anyone to live up to and when they fall short (which they are bound to do) the guilt and fear must make life miserable.

I live my life for myself and my family and I feel no guilt or shame.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• PURPUL, really? Do you have to attack everyone for having a religion? Come on, we get it. You don't believe in any god. Good for you. We do. And no matter how many times you tell me "There is no God," your not going to change my mind. It's not like she was trying to tell you that you HAVE to believe the same thing she does, was it?
    OP, I understand the frustration. It is hard. But I have always believed that nothing worth doing is always easy. It will have it's ups and downs, that's life. If you want to stay, pray and ask God to help you. Plus, it might be a good idea to sit down and write out what you believe and what YOU think is a sin. Not what you've been told, but what you believe is a sin. Take that list and pray about it. If you get the answer that that is right, go by that and don't worry what everyone else says.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Do your research and ask questions. Even just come on R&B and post anon to ask people of other faiths. There are other Moms on here that are different denominations and religions that are a valuable resource. First rule of thumb, you listen to what YOUR heart says. Second, don't let anyone guilt you or try to scare you into anything. Third...again do your research.

What is the link to help you get an idea of what faith you lean towards ladies?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• she asked a question spiritguide. i told her my opinion silly. isnt that what these question are about? when did i say she was saying that i have to believe the same thing as her? and i didnt say i dont there is a god. i just dont think hes some magical man with a long beard who says i have to worship him and live my life only for him and then hes gonna judge me and tell me wether i go to heaven or hell. i personally believe, whatever the reason for life is, WE HAVE NO IDEA and wouldnt even be able to guess it, because thats the point of life. to figure things out for ourselves. i dont think anybody knows what happens when we die or why were alive, we wont know until we die. and IM NOT SCARED. are you? you are, thats why you live your life that way. because your scared of what happens when you die. so thanx for bashing me for answring her question with my opinion just like you did.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• and i would love to know how i attacked her. i think you attacked me actually.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Thanks, pnwmom, I completely forgot about that page. Here is the link to the quiz she is talking about:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009