to the parents who have teens

if they are havin sex or are pregnant did it really surprise you?? i mean think of the things you did to get around and mess with boys its not that hard, i would do it when my parents were gone for the day or after school they dont have to be out with other kids to get in trouble. just a thought lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• you cant keep them young and innocent forever.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Your right PURPULbutterfly are'nt you like 19? Teach your child to be open and honest with you and my Children are with me. YES I DO KNOW EVERYTHING......
    Anonymous

• OP, you are right...but my mom was not involved at all. we never had the sex talk, drugs, drinking, nothing. I was knocked up at 15, married at 16 but hey that was me, I was more grown than my mom, so guess what..my hubby and I are still together almost 19 years later, we truely did love each other then and now, we are very happy.
    But to hte OP, talking to your kids and being involved is very important. My DD is almost 17, and still a virgin and yes I know this for a fact, she does not smoke, drink, do drugs, she is good in school. I never told her she had to wait til marriage to have sex, I told her the truth with each conversation we had, about STDs, AIDS, what boys will say to have sex with her etc, I just told her it was her decision and only she knew when she was ready. The talk started very early and I dont lie to any of my children, I give them the info they need to stay safe. I also dont scare them to submission.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• midnightmoma that comment was'nt for teens getting preggo at a young age that was to purplebutterfly herself.
    Anonymous

• No anon, I know that, I was answering the OPs question. I know what I was doing at that age, thats why I wanted mine very informed with the truth and not what other kids were saying LOL, the info is way off.... I know what you were saying anon. No problems here :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've had the sex talk since early early on with my three kids. One my oldest, now in his twenties, went away with girls and guys for a senior year hs celebration it's all I could do to breathe. I cried long and hard. I wasn't worried for some weird reason about a possible pregnancy as much as that they'd likely be having sex. Years later inhindsight should I have let him to that weekend? No pregnancy then resulted or since then resulted in a birth but I think an abortion happened sometime in their relationship between my son and the gf then.

I always told my kids long before that weekend that if an abortion had to be thought of an done - right choice for them, that I would love my kids still and so would God.

Anonymous

• Please have the banana and condom talk with your teens; it may save his/her life!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Look if you have open and honest talks with your teen then you are more likely to know what is going on and let them know what can truly happen to them. I got knocked up at 14 yrs old because my parents never spoke to me about sex or anything at all. I practically raised myself. I married my sons father before he was born, parents signed for our marriage and we have been together for 24 yrs and have had three other children since. We have three sons and one daughter. Our oldest is 23 and has not had sex yet and is honest with us about it. says he is afarid he will get some girl pregant and wants to loose his virginity to his wife, our 20 yr old daughter got married frist and now is a mother of a ten month old girl. she was very honest with us and asked us alot of sex questions and we took them both to the health dept for information and got her on birth control. got two sons too go with it, good luck it is not easy
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009