moms & drugs

i used to be pretty bad into drugs. but i calmed down alot. im 22 and my baby is 2 months old. occasionally my mom watches the baby and i go out to the bar for alittle while with my friends and she has him until the next evening or so. sometimes when im drunk, i "relapse" and i do some coke at the bar. do you think im a bad mom for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, I dont think youre a bad mum. Everyone needs a break and if thats how you decide to spend your time, great. As long as it doesnt come bfore your child or endanger them.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes i do.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Whats important is, do you feel like a bad mom?? If so, get help.. good luck!
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I think you need to get help for that instead of sitting on Cafemom asking if we think your a bad mom? Think about how you would feel if you were your mother and your son left you with his baby while he went out getting drunk and doing coke. Come on now
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 9:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes I do. You need to be at your best for your baby. Even though I dont drink, a drink here and there is not a big deal, but if you are drunk or high then you may have a problem. You need to be at your best when it comes to your child.
    Elizabethsma631

Answer by Elizabethsma631 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I don't think you are a bad mother.

I think you are young and have made mistakes.

If you relapse when you drink, stop drinking. It's the responisble thing to do.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I also think you need a new set of friends.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes
    find new friends
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Drug is a drug and that's how it starts and then before you know it you will be drinking ever chance you get and then you"ll be doing coke ever chance you get. Your not a bad mom but you should not be doing the things that your doing (coke & drinking) Stop before it gets bad and your in to deep you've been there before don't go back im 2 1/2 yrs sobor and this time is my 4th time around this is the longest I have been clean and if I'm having a bad day or just have the "fuck it's" I look at my DD and she is just not worth a minute away from her and the life I have today is nothing I ever thought i would have 2 1/2 yrs ago even 5 yrs ago.
    Stay away from the bars and just go have lunch or find something else to do when your LO is with grandma. Your a good mom but things can and will get bad FAST. I will PROMISE YOU THAT......
    Anonymous

• Yeah. But that doesn't matter. YOU know it's the wrong thing to do. That's why you asked. Stop drinking. Stay away from the bars. Get rid of those friends. Seek rehabilitation help. And don't think that it's ok for your mom to watch your kid while you fuck yourself up. You, your mom, and YOUR SON deserve better. So sign out of CM right now and google drug addiction help. I hope you do the right thing.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009