Are you addicted to...

drugs or alcohol? Recently I asked the question, "Do you have an addiction?" and some thought that was a real joke. I'm sure that folks who do have an addiction, don't think that it's a joke. This time if you can't answer the question, with out being an idiot, then don't answer it at all. Only folks who have an addiction are welcome to answer this question. Also, what is your addiction, and have you tried to get help?

JewelBliss

Asked by JewelBliss at 9:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Health

• I am addicted to alcohol. I drink everyday in excess. I have gone to work with alcohol on my breath and avoid getting close to my co workers. I am a functioning alcoholic. I do not have any adults around me at home and no friends so no one notices.
    Anonymous

• im addicted to ciggerates. i drink often and occasionally i do drugs. i never do drugs or alcohol when im with my son and it doesnt effect my parenting ever, though i do feel like a bad mom sometimes because i want to be healthy for my child. i havent gotten help.. i think ill just grow out of it, once im not so stressed out.
    Anonymous

• I'd say cigarettes. I quit cold turkey when I got pregnant, but started up again when she was about a month old, if that. It's partially a physical addiction, which I can get past, but it's the habit I have to get out of. But other than smoking, no I don't have an addiction.
    I'm careful when I drink because alcoholism does run in my family.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am addicted to living respectfully. I love life and laughter, it cheers me, it soothes me, it also maddens me and teaches me. My husband is addicted to technology, it's no longer an interest that's turned into a hobby. His addiction disallows him from going any where - funerals, stores, school meetings without his pacifier in his hand. With it he is arrogant and egotistical, nice and helpful. Without it he is a hormonal human caught in male menopause mixed with female premenopause and menopause because of his addiciton. Technology is a physical and emotional addiction and drains relattonships as bad as drug addictions and alcohol additions drain relationships.

I would love for his addiction to be cigarrettes or cigars.
    Anonymous

• I am addicted to coffee, get grouchy and headaches if I don't have it, I know its not the healthiest thing in the world and I have not tried to cut back. I stopped drinking and partying pretty young since I know I have an addictive personality. I know others were not so lucky.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Food! I love to eat sweets! No problem a few years ago when I could gain and drop 5 lbs. in a week. Now its catching up with me and I need to make better food choices because I love to eat!
    krisb1

Answer by krisb1 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was addicted to crack cocaine for many years....I got clean on February 3rd 1997.....It was a very long and difficult road....I guess you can say I also was addicted at that time to a very unhealthy relationship as well.....

tnterri

Answer by tnterri at 8:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I am addicted to cutting, it has been a stress reliever for years. I've never done it in front of my kids, but recently my dd saw the marks on my legs and asked what happened... Got me to thinking about it and i've been trying to stop, but it's not easy even with a councler's help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• To all the respondence to this question, who are anonymous, please tell someone mwhat's going on with you, Get some help, it's the only way that you will stop. Also come and joint my group MOTHERS WITH ADDICTIONS. We are a private group and we discuss all types of addictions. You might find the help you need there.
    JewelBliss

Answer by JewelBliss at 12:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2009