Do you ever feel left out from the fun stuff now that you have a child/children?

I used to do everything with my sisters and friends, and now it's like the childless friends rarely ask to do anything.
I guess it stems from me finding out my sisters went camping this weekend without even asking if I'd like to go too. We're super close, it just seems like since my DD was born, I don't get asked to do the fun stuff anymore. I just find out when it's too late.
Sorry, just wallowing in self pity for a few minutes lol.

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 9:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So organize your own fun outing and invite them along.

They probably just assumed you were too busy to go with them.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im with you on this one! All my *single* friends like to do tho, is go clubing and drinking ... which im not into. So im a loner =]
    Mommy2LPK

Answer by Mommy2LPK at 9:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Exactly, that's the other thing. When they do want to do stuff, it's at like 10 at night, and I'm exhausted by then. It's a catch-22 lol. I'm not even in to the bar/club scene anymore.
    I would've love to go camping though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I find myself looking forward to family events and entertainment more than anything else. If you feel like your friends are leaving you out of things you are no longer interested in, check into a moms group in your area, to find some people who want to include you.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The fun is happening with my DD. Im a mommy now and I don't care if everyone else is having soooooo much fun. I'm a mommy now and that's what is important to me. MY DD...........................
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah I used to spend every weekend partying at my cousins and now every once in while theyll ask us to come over mostly because they miss my DH not me. But I fixed that My friend from work is coming over tomorrow were getting drunk as skunks and watching chick flicks all night! They dont want to party with me so whatever I have friends that want to be with me not my DH.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Being a mommy is important to me too but you gotta take some time to be with the grown ups
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• all my friends have kids soooo.........i do get a little adult time once every 2 years or so
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009