Contractions? trouble? false alarm?

My stomache is hard as a rock and im slightly uncomfortable. Im 25weeks (6moths) and I have had no complications. this is not painful or anything but its just very uncomfortable to sit down...never felt my stomache this hard in my life. Im wondering has anyone expirenced this before and if these are just Braxton hicks or what..

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• these are Braxton Hicks contractions and perfectly normal. Keep hydrated drinking plenty of water. Sometimes they can be brought on more by dehydration.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Go lay down on your left side as it increases blood flow to the baby. And yeah water water water.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Im 24 weeks and when my belly gets hard like that, usually the baby is pressed up against the outer part of my belly. When she decides to move again it wont be so hard. I do get braxton hicks, but that's moreyour entire belly is hard and tight and goes away after a few seconds to a couple minutes. When it is uncomfortable to sit down, usually the baby is laying low inside and it's just part of being pregnant unfortunately and it can be uncomfy for a bit until the baby moves again. Sometimes if you massage your belly or move it around a little the baby will move to a different position. Hope this helps
    Elizabethsma631

Answer by Elizabethsma631 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I agree with angelbabies14, braxton hicks are completely normal. try to realx in the tub, or head to bed early.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• yeah, bh contractions just make your belly hard. real contractions hurt...... a lot. like really horrible period cramps plus back pain. so don't worry.... it's supposed to be happening
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2009