• In the Spotlight:

anyone know about medicaid in NY?

I'm 20, I live in my fathers house, he pays all the bills, and buys groceries sometimes. he doesn't live here, he lives at his job (he owns a hotel) I'm about to lose my health insurace and I'm 8 months pregnant, and I need health insurance 4 my baby. My friend told me they are going to deny me because my father makes too much, but he won't help me out financially in any way with the baby. Does anyone know if that is how medicaid will work in NY? I'm applying monday but I'm worried now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I found out I was pregnant with my 1st I moved back in with my parents. They paid all the bills and such but since I was over 18, pregnant and didnt work, it didn't matter. You should be able to get it for the rest of your pregnancy and for your child when its born.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• thank you
    Anonymous

• The way I understand it is that your insurance has to cover the baby as it is considered a preexisting condition....Unless it says in your contract that you can't get pregnant, but that would be stupid..

Your dad is already helping out with your baby-he pays for everything.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You may get insurance for the baby. A lot of states have programs for kids.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Go to you appointment, ask them about the MOMS program. NY usually doesnt deny Medicaid to pregnant women or women with kids under 5. There is also..

BCBS Family Health Plus
    Total Care
    Fidelis
    Americhoice

All Medicaid driven plans, I think that's all of them, at least the ones I deal with daily...
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 11:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2009