Anyone have any suggestions?

I am a stay at home mom and I was wondering if anybody knew of any jobs I could do in the evening/nighttime to earn extra money? I wish these work from home websites were real!!

wsimons

Asked by wsimons at 10:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

•  

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:10 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wish I could help you I am having the same problem you are. I have spent countless hours searching for something legit that doesnt cost a small fortune to start, a degree, or will only make a dollar day. I signed up for avon today just to try it out and hope it goes well, but as for at home jobs I have yet to find anything profitable.
    Elizabethsma631

Answer by Elizabethsma631 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I recently got a job delivering pizzas....I used to make $9.00 an hour as a cashier manager at a store, now I make $5.50 an hour plus tips (averages to about 9 on good days). They were the first job offer I had, and I took it. Most of my past employment was at fruit markets and grocery stores because when they have a sign in the window, they are hiring NOW and most will hire on the spot. I'm talking small businesses, not Kroger or Walmart, where u have to apply online. Pizza places, and small restaurants, also bars, and Kareoke companies. You cant expect a glamourous job when you need one right now... Something is better than nothing I always say.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I actually would suggest checking with the large chain grocery stores for night stocking positions. I used to work at Kroger, I was first shift.. so I had to come in at 4 am to unload my section (the health food section)'s shipment.. because we didnt have night stockers, we were independant... but the night stockers were leaving as I was arriving most mornings. I'm sure it varies from place to place.. but now I grocery shop on Thursday nights at 11-12ish and they are always stocking the shelves when I am there so maybe thats something to look into? Its easy work, at least. If I remember correctly, no boxes were ever more than 45 pounds, and there was always someone there to help if something was too heavy.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Hey there ladies, looks like a few of you have bad luck with at home "jobs". They are really hard to come by that will actually pay you enough to get by on, plus you usaully have to do a lot for that pay.
    I recently started my own home business with Ameriplan. It has been great for me so far. You do have a small $50 overhead but that covers so much for you like 5 websites-benefits-training site and team-back office to run your business-Customer service dept that takes care of all your members for you and shipping. With any business you are going to have some type of overhead, ours is really affordable and your first one is due right away but as long as you are earning then it will just be taken out of your pay.
    So yes it has a fee but you get so much and the income is worth it. If any of you want to talk with me I'd be happy to.
    ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com
    www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    770-728-9938
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I work Ameriplan VERY P/T when my daughter naps and at ight when the hubby is home to play with her for a whle :) So you don't have to put in a ton of hourse to work it. You just need to be consistent with the hours you do put in :)
    Good Luck ladies and God Bless
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 7:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• A for sure thing you can always do with being paid immediately is child care. Such as drop in, overnight &etc....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i stay at home to i work with avon and its great way to make x money having fun 10dallars and you could be on your way. www.youravon.com/harvey4596.or call3179845967
    HAPPYWJOY

Answer by HAPPYWJOY at 1:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

Click on "Start a business", and read the info. If you have any questions, let me know. I'd love to help. I have been able to stay home "comfortably" and raise my kids/homeschool thanks to this job. It's a great company, and they have grown during the recession, believe it or not, by 300%. No worries about getting laid off from this job!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If you have any sort of skill, play it up and make a profit off of it. I love to do crafts, paint, and make cute things for my daughter and everyone always seems to like them. (Painted wooden signs, hairbows, tshirts, sewing crafts, room decor, etc.) So Im going to try to make them and sell them on etsy.com to make a profit. It may take a little while to turn over a profit but once i get going I think it will be good, plus it's something i like to do-that makes all the difference!
    Elizabethsma631

Answer by Elizabethsma631 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009