Evening Primrose oil tabets??? How exactly does this work???

The bottle says there supposed to be swallowed, I read on here you put them in your vagina?
Is this safe, and how EXACTLY does it work, and how do I use them to try to start labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thought they were supposed to dissolve in the bathtub...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• google it or call you on call dr and ask.
    Anonymous

• of course its not safe, it's not natural labor if you force it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:22 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I hope u are over due or due
    Anonymous

• Some expectant mothers take primrose oil to ensure a shorter labor and to avoid a postdate delivery. Although the effects of primrose oil on certain conditions have been studied, the oil's efficacy in dealing with pregnancy and labor has not been evaluated thoroughly. If you choose to take primrose oil tablets or capsules during your pregnancy, advise your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Proceed with caution. The effects of primrose oil on fetuses has not been studied, so its effects are unknown
    Anonymous

• The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.

HOW TO USE: Take this product by mouth as directed. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.

MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 10:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• The typical non-labor inducing way to take primrose oil is to swallow the gel tab. But for labor, you insert them in to your vagina. My cervix was 5 cm at 37 weeks and my mid .wife told me to insert them as far up IN my cervix as I could. I did 1 the first morning and 2 twice a day after that. They did not work for me (I was 80% effaced before and after using them) but I know 3 people that went in to labor before they used the 4th dose (second evening)

How far along are you? Are you dilated and effaced pretty far? You shouldnt do it unless you are nearing labor or it wont have any effect at all
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If there was any magical way to start labor and you knew the answer you would be richer then Bill Gates.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2009