Did I do wrong?

My husband is now smoking marijuana...I have recently seen him because he isn't hiding this anymore. I have decided to get a separation, but because of a violent history that he and i have, I am scared. So I reported him to the foster care organization. My husband doesn't respect me. He brings men in this house that i am not comfortable with. He also feels that he is allowed to go when he pleases, but i never get the chance to go out on my own. He leaves me stuck at home while he takes the car that i pay for, and he runs the roads doing what he pleases. He never does what he says. he ends up doing much more than what he says that he was going to do, and doesn't check in with me when plans change. He never pays for pampers, formula, milk, or anything for our two children, and with his current weed smoking, i really think that i have to get out of this relationship. I am scared of him, so, did i do right by calling?

samanthaevans

Asked by samanthaevans at 10:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It's good you did something to end this situation. Now follow up by running like heck away from him. You and your kids deserve much better.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Get out, get help by professionals. He is NO good to you or your children.
    scrappermom2

Answer by scrappermom2 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• YES Sweetie you did right! Now keep going. Now you have keep the proof going (document everything) to show the courts that the kids do not need to be around him eighter. (Supervised, maybe) otherwise you will have to leave your kids on a visitation schedule with this man without you being there to protect them.Because he is their parent as well and the courts almost never take complete visitation away form one parent or the other. Be careful! Be safe & God bless!!!!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Thank you EVERYONE...this is really helping me to get through this. I am waiting at home on pins and needles, waiting on the childrens services to come by early next week. I really hope and pray this gets him out of the house. I am trying to move to maine with the rest of my family so that I can get away from this man that does nothing for me, and always takes my money that could get my children pampers, milk, and clothes. I am so tired of the mental abuse, and I am afraid of him physically as well. This is the only way that I can think of to get him out of the house ASAP so I can move on with my life as a single mom......THANK YOU
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 10:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009