Do you sit on public toilets?

I was never even slightly aware that some women "hover" over public toilets until I was a teenager. I always just walked in, found a stall that didn't have pee or poo all over it, sat down, did my business, washed my hands, and went out. But now that I'm an adult, I'm learning that going to a public restroom is an adventure for some people!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I avoid public restrooms unless they're my last option and I hover unless I have to do more than pee; then I cover the toilet with paper.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• if it has a cover i sit. if not i hover. all the women in my fam hover - lol:)
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Well it depends. If we are travelling and find a hole in the wall bathroomand its nasty, then I hover, but its so hard, My leg muscles are strong enough to hold me up for that long and I cant concentrate long enough to pee. Im not overweight either, just average. My legs get too shaky. If it looks okay, I will sit, but I wash my hands thoroughly and dont touch anything afterward. I encourage my girls to do the same thing. I have laid toilet paper on it too, but I think that just makes me feel better but doesnt really do anything...LOL.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Oh, I also have a little bottle of lysol spray that I carry in my purse and I spray the toilet, the faucets, and the door handle. And the changing tables if I'm unfortunate enough to have to use one.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i do sit when i use and toilet, but if i don't like the way it looks i won't use it at all. You make the seats worse if you hover.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 10:54 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I do with like 3-4 of the seat covers......I hate when some women hover and although they flush they don't clean the pee they left on the seat!! Ewwww!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Oh goodness. I worked at Arby's when I was 18, and you wouldn't believe how many women did #2 while hovering. Absolutely disgusting. They wouldn't even flush. It looked like someone had smeared it all over the walls.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• So long as the seat is dry, yes I do. You won't catch me "hovering".
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I used to hover but now I put paper down and sit.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I try my hardest to avoid public restrooms. However there are a few around here I will use. For instance in my mother's restraunt the bathrooms are cleaned with bleach twice a day. I hover, or lay toilet paper... I also use the paper towel (that I dried m hands with) to turn off the water, and open the door...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009