I have a 3 month old baby. I co sleep with him and breast feed him but its wearing me out. I cant get him to sleep unless I sleep so it takes forever to get anything done. I dont know what I can do for him

so he can be entertained. I didnt buy a swing for him because I thought I would be able to hold him a lot but I am sooooo tired of always holding him and playing with him. Someone please help. Btw he wont take formula

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should try a swing or a bouncer. They were life savers for me.
    When my son was 2 days old, he went to sleep in his bouncer, was still asleep 6 hours later, and I had trouble waking him up. Scared the life out of me! But he was fine, just tired.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Seriously... you must have made that decision before the child was born.

Get yourself a swing, put the kid down and do something. You're not a kangaroo for goodness sakes.
    Anonymous

• I know this is very hard ( I did the SAME thing with my DS); but you really should put an end to the co sleeping (IMO). It's SOOO hard to get them to sleep on thier own, and then you'll have an 18th month old that'll have to have you lay down with him before he'll nap. My son would still rather sleep with me and he's two. During nap times I'd lay him down in his bed. If he screams, wait a few seconds then get him out. Will he take a bottle? Can you pump? If not then I'd start during the day; getting him to go to sleep without you holding him. I found it helps just to sit by my DS ( I always read) until he falls alseep. I've been doing this since he was slightly older then your son.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Co-sleeping and nursing is great for baby so i wouldn't stop either of them, get a swing or bouncer for daytime or you could also get a Sling to put baby in so you can wear him and have your hands free during the day. He's only 3 month old and it is normal for them to want to be hold, he will grow out of it. My dd is 2 years old and up until she was about 8 month old I have always hold her or baby wore her and she is a very independent toddler now. We still co-sleep though because dh and me both enjoy it so we have no hurry to get her out of our bed, we also don't have to lay next to her when she is in bed, we put her down read to her and wait until she's asleep which will take about 10 min. and than we put pillows around her and go to the living romm to have "us" time.
    Your baby will only be a baby for a very short time, so I'd enjoy you and baby time.
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 11:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Co-sleeping and nursing is probably helping him to slee as much as he is.

www.SleepyWrap.com! They cost alittle less than $40 and GOD YOU WILL LOVE IT. I can do the dishes, laundry, vaccum, make the beds, even scrub the tub with my 1yr old on my back (there are positions for newborn too) and a 9 month-pregnant belly. The wrap puts the childs weight evenly over your shoulders and back, making it perfectly comfortable so you can wear baby all day long without soreness.

And dont listen to that Anonymous poster.. That was an idiotic reply.

Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 7:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with SpiritedTigress. Get a sling or wrap. It will help so you can keep baby close like he wants but you can have your hands free to do other things. Babies have a NEED to be close and be held.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009