Do you use welfare? NO DRAMA PLEASE IT'S JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION

My family is low income, our total pay for 2 weeks was $925(that's high I worked OT)

Anyways even though we are low income and could totally milk welfare, we don't because there are some people who need it more. The only assistance we get is insurance and WIC for the baby and I have insurance for birthcontrol only. That's it, no food stamps...whatever else you can get. Like I said I could get what ever I want, but I choose to use only what I need.

If you are on PA do you get everything you are able to get or just the minimum to stay healthy and survive. (if you need everything to survive that's cool too)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My belief is that welfare should ONLY be given to a single mother with children that she is raising by herself.. working or not.

Anonymous

• we get nothing.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have Medicaid and so does my daughter. I have WIC for my daughter.

That's it.

We could really really use food stamps, but there was a stupid misunderstanding last time we applied, and they screwed us over. We're going to have to apply again. We're running out of money for food, blah. Sucks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• That's very discriminatory or you Anon. My children get medicaid and I have received daycare assistance in the past. I did not apply for anything else because that was all I needed.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• one part time min. wage job for two adults and toddeler, we are the DEFINTION of welfare. WIC, project fresh, food stamps, medicaide, subsidized housing, the whole shebang.

not to say we dont contribute to our comunity, we probaly do more than 75% of people (voluenteering, educating, advocating, supporting, and donating our time... but were socialists, we belive in community regardless of personal welth or lack of)
    kitti_kat_1115

Answer by kitti_kat_1115 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• HA, I would have gotten an abscessed tooth and died had I not had medicaid. There's no way I could have paid those dentist bills. Oh, and I'd continue to be fatigued because of sleep apnea. I found out about my sleep apnea from a sleep study that medicaid paid for. I wouldn't have been able to pay that bill either.

Medicaid is a fantastic tool for those of us who truly need it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yippy for you OP. Most of the people on welfare are working.
    So anon, my disabled husband, myself who has been looking for work for 2 years and our 3 kids should be put on the street because you feel the right to judge? Unless you have walked in someone elses shoes don't judge!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Get ready for the bashing anon! I agree with you.
    Anonymous

• i get food stamps and medicaid for me and my DD and wic. im not working right now (ever since i had my DD) and im going back to school next month. plus im a single parent. so i would say your doing better then me OP. when you think your life is soooo bad, there's always someone out there doing worst so be grateful. =]
    Anonymous

• I recieve medical for my son and I. I'm pregnant now, I didn't get it before. I'm also on WIC...

momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009