WTF...maybe I should just be a drug addicted child abandoner.

My DH and I both work full time, with three kids and barely make ends meat. We struggle everyday to keep our life together, and we work as hard as we can, well we applied for PA and we dont qualify. Yet my aunt who is 40+ gets food stamps, cash benefits, insurance ect, she doesnt have a job, lives with her mom so she doesnt pay rent, lost both her kids due to drugs...WTF??? Why dont we qualify if she does?? We honestly try to support our selfs but we just cant...makes me think I should just quick my job and start drugs...maybe they will help me then!! (I know not everyone on PA is on drugs but seriously...this is bull)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• Did they tell you why you didnt qualify?

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• eye rollingbla bla bla

Anonymous

• You should actually be very proud of yourself.
    Anonymous

• Yea, they really are unfair sometimes i don't get it either. Its like they help people who won't lift a finger to help themselves but those who are hard working and just need a little help can't get it. Its not right. I'm not saying that people on PA are not hard working, but there are some that just milk off of it and we all know this. My mother is in the same situation, she doesn't make enough at the moment to pay ll the bills and buy food all month. PA offered her $10.00 n in FS, wtf??!! She has been going to food pantries. Just stay strong hun, i'm sure you will pull through. GL :)

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• it sucks, doesnt it! The world is coddling these losers and people who deserve some assistance dont get enough.

its spelled blah, blah blah.
    Anonymous

• OHH i feel you & Im right there with you! Im in the middle of a divorce so my income has been cut into. He left me with the bills behind so I have all the bills to contend with. Im 5 months behind on rent and expect to find myself locked out any day now. My gas has been cut off for weeks, my cable/internet is to be shutoff on Monday. Electric is due in approx. a week. Lost my job due to cutbacks 2 weeks ago. No gas in truck to find a job insurance & tags have expired this month also. Now my ex who has custody of my daughter is taking me to court for non-payment of child support. The situation is so bad...i cant breath! I cry & panic in my sleep! so yeah...jail sounds pretty good to me right now! LOL!
    Anonymous

• I recently got my first pizza delivery job, and I went to 3 of the worse trailer parks in history today. These people are the reason the stereotype of trailer trash came to be...I mean seriously not one of the people I saw had a white tooth in their mouth and I even saw the typical "big haired lady, smoking a cigarette and hanging up her warsh on the clothes line". I hate to be judgemental, but I'm positive most of those people were on public assistance, and you know they dont even try to help themselves, especially the guy I delivered to, an old man with no shirt and a safety pin thru his nipple. Is it that hard to have class?
    By the way, I'm on public assitance, I'm sure I dont get as much as those people get, yet I still find time and money to buy soap to shower with. It's a shame people who really need the help and ARE trying, working, AND PAYING TAXES, can't get it because they "make too much money".
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i know who you feel. I did get it either. My aunts get everything food stamps, cash, every thing. They have never worked a day in there lives. Sometimes we I need help, i feel I should lie and tell yes i am a drug addict
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I still don't understand why you all are crying.. so what... you should be very proud that YOU DO NOT receive any assistance.. NOT WHINING because you DON"T!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yes they should be oh so proud of living paycheck to paycheck, eating ramen noodles so the kids dont go hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009