Ever donated hair to Locks of Love?

My daughter who is 11 had the most beautiful head of golden blonde hair. It was long, straight and down to her waist. She really couldnt manage it so she cut off 10 inches and donated it locks of love today. Its now chin length. Im so proud of her and when I told her how sweet it was of her to do that, she said and I quote" yaa, thats just how I roll.....most of the time..." I laughed so hard. I hope to have pictures soon. Its a big change for her but I think since shes getting ready to start middle school, shes wanting a more mature hair do. Ever done this?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 10:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but I have always wanted to! I have SUPER curly hair, so for me to be able to donate "10 inches", I would actually have to have closer to 20 inches to cut and it just doesn't grow that fast! Yay for your daughter, though! That's awesome :)

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• yes i have yrs ago.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 11:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes I did two years ago. Twelve inches and it does feel good helping others.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have donated my hair several times, my dd has donated her's several times and my grandson even donated his.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My mother, sister, and I have all donated ours more then once.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I donated last year... My hair was to the middle of my back and I'm short so it was making me look shorter lol I was watching how do I look one day and I had been wanting to cut it just never had the nerve too... Anyways, I seen how big of a change getting a few inches off so I made an appointment for that day. I went in and told her that I wanted a 'bob' I ended up getting 16 inches cut off! 13 of it went to the braid and the other 3 was just styling... I felt so good about myself that I could help someone else out and damn did I look HOT lol My mom cried when they cut the braid, I'm not sure why it was so emotional for her but she LOVED it after and my hair has grown out about another 7 inches or so since then so I'm thinking about doing it again when I have the length, I think that it's such a good org. and your daughter should be very proud of herself that she did that for someone else, very good job with that one mommy!
    youngmommy21709

Answer by youngmommy21709 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I have very short hair and it doesn't grow very long. But yeah for your daughter! Great job, and great sense of humor too.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I will be when my hair gets longer. I have about 2 inches to go!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I am but not yet.. my mom has cancer and my sister and I are both letting ours grow and getting it done at the same time so my mom can have 2 wigs that are her daughters hair but this won't be for maybe another year or more..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yes, when I was 15. I think that's great.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009