wen can I turn her?

Wen can I turn my daughter faced right in the car?
Her legs are real long, and I think she'll learn better if she can see where she's goin.

Her Birthday is 6/2/09! She's grownin up so fast!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• troll
    Anonymous

• How is this a troll question?
    Usually at 1 year or 20 pounds. We turned my son at 11 months because he just wasn't fitting in the other seat and he met the height and weight requirements.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• You can legally turn her after one year and 20 pounds but it is best to wait for a little while after that for safety issues. If you get into an accident with a forward facing child-seat, your child is more likely to have a broken neck from the force of the crash. They have rear facing seats made for bigger children that you can switch to which are sold at stores like toys r us and babies r us. Or you can find a dual rear/front facing seat at one of the stores I mentioned. It's best to wait a little after the first birthday like almost 2 years old before you switch them to a forward facing seat.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 11:16 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I also don't think this is a "real" question... since this baby is only a a little over a month old.
    But you need to keep her rear facing as long as possible. The American Acadamy of Pediatrics says children should rear face to the minimum of 2 years. There is no worries about broken legs rear facing, it doesn't happen and they aren't uncomfortable with legs bent (think about how children bend and sit) And they actually can see more rear facing than front facing. They are sitting there looking at he back seat... they can look out the whole back window and side windows, front facing they can see your head, maybe a little bit out the front and then out the sides.
    It would be best if you educate yourself in car seat safety.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• It says her BIRTHDAY is 6-2-09. Not the day she was born!
    Anonymous

• I turned mine at 11 mos and 20 lbs. I got one of those bigger car seats that face forward and rear but for rear it was hard to get her in and out, plus she was VERY long.... I was in the hospital. But the safe age to turn them is a year and 20 lbs.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• My son loves being in the forward facing seat. He can interact with mommy and daddy.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I turned mine at 10 1/2 months. But thats because she had already went WAY over the 20lbs mark (29.5 at her 12 month check up) and was WAY to long (28 inches). My best friend is a fireman and said it was ok and even bought us the seat and instaled it for us!
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 11:57 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Oh dear lord.. I hope your babys legs arent touching the seat.. they will break in an accident. You are so right.. she will learn so much more if she is faced forward...she can see where she is going, instead of where she just left, because babies care so much about that. Not to mention the back seat must be so boring for babies, lord knows they arent easily entertained by just anything. If you want her to really enjoy riding in the car.. put her in the front seat... hell, if you do that now, she may know how to drive by the time she is 10. She'd be way above the other kids... She may even be ready for a booster seat... the law says 4yrs/40lbs and the AAP says 6yrs/65lbs but what do they know?? They are just a bunch of trained professionals.. they aint got nothing on us moms with our gut instincts right?? See me... I just know my baby is safe forward facing... Cuz I aint gonna wreck. Im a good driver.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Another mommy brought up a good point... it is also really inconvenient to put them in and take them out of a rear facing seat... I know them edjucated experts say rear facing is way safer... but well, it takes too much time... I weighed the pros and cons and well its just more convenient to forward face.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2009