How do you think this would go over?

The lease isn't up on our apartment till december, but there is a house NOW that I want to rent. Do you think that if I "borrowed" my SIL's annoying dog they would evict us and we could move to the house? To break the lease we have to pay $1000, I would honestly rather be evicted.

At this other place we would be renting from my sister's dad's cousin's wife......so kind of family but not really, if I told her about the situation she wouldn't care about the eviction.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It might work but do you really want an eviction on your rental record? I guess that's the mom in me but hey, to each their own!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 11:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Worth a shot.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Why don't you tell her you want the house but can't rent it til December?
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• In this economy, it's not wise to have a negative rental record. It will follow you FOREVER...just wait until your lease is up or kindly ask if you can be let out of the lease early.
    Anonymous

• Don't forget that if this is a private landlord rental, they have to take the eviction to court and YOU have to pay the court fees. See if you can find someone else to sublease. I wouldn't have a problem with a tenant breaking a lease if I knew the apt would be immediately filled. And it is so not worth ever having an eviction on your record. A lot of places won't rent to someone with an eviction, so if something didn't work out with the house, you might be out of luck for housing.
    Anonymous

• So not woth ruining your rental record for the future not to mention risking a lawsuit for breaking the rules and getting evicted.
    Anonymous