• In the Spotlight:

SHIT! I THINK MY DOG IS ABOUT TO HAVE PUPPIES!!! HELP!!!!

HELP! Im not positive if she is or isnt! I have helped deliver her puppies before but now I am here by myself and IDK what to do! How do I know she is ready!? HER MILK ISNT EVEN ALL THE WAY IN! I will stay on this question to answer you and get advice QUICK!!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pets

• I have no idea, i never had to do that b4 but i goggled it for you and found this hope it helps its very long but here goes..... copy and paste>>>>> http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/whelping.html
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Just watch her. She will be able to do it on her own. Just be there to help if something goes wrong.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 11:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• What is she doing is she laying there in pain in her bed?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:26 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i agree wiyh belljaz, she can do it herself lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Let her do it. Just like in humans, birth for dogs is a natural bodily function. She will know what to do. Just make sure she has a quiet, secure place and if she doesn't break open the amniotic sac shortly after the birth of each pup on her own then just tear it open enough to let the pup breathe but don't take it off... leave that for her to do so she can bond. Your dog will take care of the rest :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• We had to help her with every litter she had because she is older and eww but when we got her she had very little teeth and she cant get the sac their born in open! so we had to open it as well as cut their cords.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• she was in my closet on some dirty clothes and panting so I moved her to our bath tub with a towel and wen I picked her up I guess her water broke or she peed?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Okay, so just open the sacs and cut the cords once the afterbirth is born. No biggie :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If she has that much trouble giving birth, I would suggest getting her fixed. Good luck and find an emergency vet in case something goes wrong.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 11:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• we were in the process of getting her fixed, but the stupid freaking neighbor dog! UGH!!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 11:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009