can anyone help?

i know that baby is getting bigger (obviously) i'm at 32 weeks and she has been super active tonight....every time i go to lay down she kicks me like crazy and starts moving around a lot. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal? I'm praying that she doesn't come early....I want her as healthy as can be! Please help...i know that they are supposed to start moving around a lot more, but I just am not sure what to do? It's 11 pm and I don't know if I should call the doctor?

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I experienced that. Did you just eat? Or maybe have something with a lot of sugar or caffine? That will make a baby go crazy! Just relax. The only time you need to worry about a burst of excitement from your little one is if it's followed immediately by no movement at all. Also, babies are almost always most active around this time of night... just when you're trying to go to bed. Everything sounds normal to me :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Normal. Seemed like every time I went to bed mine decided to be the most active.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When they are not moving is when you need to be worried. They will stop moving before they are born. If you have eaten something spicy or with too much sugar, that could explain why she is extremely active right now. They will have times when they are "awake" and "asleep".
    Anonymous

• Thank you girls! this is all new to me and each phase of something new makes me crazy...i get scared easily! Thanks again! It is much appreciated!!!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I would not worry so much about that!
    I had the same happening... During the day when I was at work she was barely moving but she got all her exercise done in my belly when I was laying down relaxing.
    I talked to my OB/GYN and he told me that's normal. You walking around and being in motion all day makes the baby sleepy, all that juggling. But when you lay down you don't juggle the baby anymore so it wakes up.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 11:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• storkYUP.....exactly what ***crazypink*** said, my doctor told me the same thing. & I'm sorry to say that there is not much you can do about it. BTW congrats!!!

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• you walking all day lulls them to sleep which is why they are often more active when you lie down. IT's completely normal. Typically when you go into labor they aren't moving a whole lot..not punching and kicking all over the place. So relax mama. Your baby is just being active :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When I lie down and stretch out, she gets more active and i think its cuz she has more room to move. And if I am propped up laying on the couch watching a movie.. forget it.. she goes nuts. Like someone else said, its when she's not moving you need to worry :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Moving around kind of rocks the baby to sleep, then when you lay down they aren't being rocked so they get active.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• lol i'm 31 weeks and the same exact problem. she won't let me sleep! :D
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2009