When you are angry are you mean?

Hollytree

Asked by Hollytree at 11:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• depends on why i'm angry & if i'm angry with someone
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• If I'm angry with an adult, then sometimes yes I am mean. If I am angry with a child or pet, then no I'm not mean.
    Anonymous

• Yes, Im a bitch. :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Yeah. I'm horrible. Not with my kids but with my boyfriend I am a straight heartless bitch when I'm mad. I really need to stop being like that. I'm trying to work on it.
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• When I am mad, at my SO, I turn into a smart a$$. Yeah it gets me into trouble a lot but I am trying to get that fixed. I found out the mood swings were from a hormone imbalance.
    rlapierre03

Answer by rlapierre03 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't say mean...but brutally honest...which can be interpreted as mean.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• i don't want to be, but lately i think i have gotten worse. i have been tryin not to take it out on the kids anymore..so i think it goes to the pets and DH instead. wish i could stop. my dh says i am passive aggressive. i like to stomp around and slam doors when i get mad at him.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 11:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Not with my children but anyone else look out I can be a bear!!!!
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I used to be, but since I got pregnant i didn't want to stress my baby out. My husband and I take time outs now where we would normally scream at each other.

When we feel like we want to yell or even if the other starts to yell we just say "I need a time out" or "I think you made need a time out, and then we'll finish discussing this". It works most of the time, but it takes ALOT to get into the habit of it.

When you feel like you have a (for lack of a better word) monster about to come out of you take a drive, warm bath, or just go in another room and fold laundry or something to cool off.

However, ALWAYS go back and finish the discussion or else it will just eat at you and the fight will reoccur again and again.

usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:55 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• I've been noticing that I have been mean, mostly because of stress, but I always try to apologize or walk away before i get too angry.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2009