You want them to run Healthcare when They can't even run this??

the cash for clunkers program.
For the economy it's good news, but the government's miscalculation has some a little nervous.

http://wcbstv.com/consumer/cash.clunkers.success.2.1108544.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This cartoon pretty much sums it up! LOL

http://townhall.com/cartoons/cartoonist/MichaelRamirez/2009/07

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yeah it isn't surprising at all.I cannot for the life of me understand WHY anyone would want the government to take over our healthcare when the things they already run are a mess.REALLY what the hell sense does that make?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:49 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Sure, I'll let the government by my clunker. But, wait a minute......where is this money coming from? Oh that's right.....I'll be paying for it anyway through my increased taxes which will also have to pay for all the other things this administration has put its hands into.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 31, 2009

• Over greedy corporations who only make profits when they DENY people healthcare? Yes. I'll take that system over our present one any day. Why wouldn't I want the money I pay for my health insurance used for healthcare instead of helping to pay for another yacht for some HMO CEO?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's what I always say about government healthcare....put aside the semantics, the emotional arguments over what is a right and what isn't...think about how inefficiently the government runs everything it has its hand in. This country is huge, and there's no way the gov't can do a good job of providing healthcare to all the citizens. They couldn't even get the digital transition done correctly and on-time. They're still trying to hand out vouchers to people who "didn't know about it". It's a mess and healthcare will be too.
    REFORM, not a government takeover!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ANON :04--your anti-capitalist, wealth envy attitude is what will sink this country. Don't you know the rich are the ones who provide jobs and spend boatloads of money in this country? The vast majority of my customers at my business are upper class, or at least very upper--middle class, and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be able to make a living. DUH!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I dont understand WHY in the hell everyone is so excited about this program. Youve seen it here in written form and I am going to make a note of it too.....In 12-18 mos many of these cars will be repossesed. Because they are likely financed by the manufacterers own personal credit system such as GMAC or Madza American Credit, these companies will be taking the burden of the loss. I am apalled that anyone could see this is a good idea. I saw on the GMA a camera span over the parking lot and there was a KIA Sedona mini van marked "clunker". WHAT? That van might have a lot of miles but the body was great and likely just needs a bit of work to make it driveable for a nice financially struggling family. Why destroy it? If these people wanted a NEW car, then they would have gotten one already. Just because youre getting $3500 more off your purchase does not mean you dont have a nasty car payment. Im keeping my SUV. It gets 13 mpg.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh- don't even get me started!! Thank you for posting this though- I agree completely. If you can't even run an automotive incentive- how are you going to reform the whole healthcare system? It's ludicrous. Under the government run health care- you'll be eligible for services based on your health, age, and how beneficial the operation/procedure would be to everyone else. If you are too old- here's some pain medication- may you go peacefully. I think I'll keep my current health insurance, thanks. I don't need to be "pre-approved" to have a baby with my insurance. Lord knows what they'll make necessary under a government run plan.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Actually, this program is proving to be a success already. People are buying cars, that's good. They just underestimated how popular it would be. They responded quickly when it looked like demand would be overwhelming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm very sure they did not sell that many cars.....My daughter is one example who really needs a new car, and would of LOVED to trade in her clunker, guess what? Good thing she did not turn in her clunker and bought a new car, because she was just laid off from her job! She would have been stuck in a car payment without a job. Example two, I would have LOVED getting a new car and traded in my clunker (that's paid for as well as my daughters btw) I need to pay my mortgage payment before buying anything else. And I am certain there is tons of other people who would have LOVED to trade in the old cars we are now driving because they are paid for and are getting clunky.....I guess that's better than acquiring any new debt, in a new car that comes with a car payment every month.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009