• In the Spotlight:

Is it safe for my 3month old to chew on beanie babies?

My son just loves to chew on this little beanie baby bear that he has. It is made out of "tylon" which is some 'exclusive' material made by the Ty company. I can't find ingredients for it anywhere, so I was wondering if I should be letting him chew on this particular bear.
Thoughts?

MrsJacqueline

Asked by MrsJacqueline at 11:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldn't b/c it could split open & he could choke on the bean things
    Anonymous

• Id say no...the actual "beanie babies" that used to be popular like 10 years ago are not made espcially for babies...but if you are talking about a baby toy that is LIKE a beanie baby, that is probably different bc it is for an actual baby....thats just my take on it but I dont give my son blankets or any of that kinda stuff so that piles and other fabric wont come off in his mouth.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No, it is not safe. If you -must- allow him to gnaw on it, watch him like a hawk. Never for a second leave his side when he chews on it. The eyes, and on some, the nose could come off. Or the material could become worn and split. I've had beanie babies split at the seam for no reason. Examine the toy before you hand it to your child, each and every time. But if it was up to me... he's so little, he's not gonna miss it. I'd put it up until he is much older.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 12:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thanks for the input! This is a toy that he only chews on around us, so I wasn't worried about the nose and eyes coming off. Plus we checked to see if any parts came off easily. I'm just more curious to know if the material of the bear is safe to be in his mouth?
    MrsJacqueline

Answer by MrsJacqueline at 12:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009