Do you like to travel? If so, how often in a year and where usually?

I was just curious to know if you like to travel every year (or more than once a year) and where? Where have you traveled in the past? Are you the budget traveler or the "luxurious" one or both?

ejshemil

Asked by ejshemil at 4:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Travel

• budget. Normally we do small mini trips in the states. This year we are planning a our first eight day trip w the three kids. Should be intersting.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• How old are your kids - mimomof3boys? I just traveled with my DH and son in CA and that was a project at preparation! He did good in the plane though.
    ejshemil

Answer by ejshemil at 4:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes I love to travel but unfortunately we never have any extra moeny to go anywhere....we'll go like maybe an hour to a state park or visit family and friends but no big vacation or anything.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I love to travel to Hawaii. If I'm gonna go on vacation then that's where I'm going. I've been there 4 times and it's usually a couple years in between trips. Last trip was in 2005 and the next one is slated for Dec this year over Christmas. My whole family is going to go-parents, sister's family, and my family-there will be a total of 9 of us.
    hohaas

Answer by hohaas at 6:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We like to travel as often as finances/dh's schedule permits. We met when we were living overseas and traveled a lot during that time. Now that we are stateside, we still like to get away when we can. We take roadtrips on weekends, and go out of state on long weekends. We try to do a bigger trip out of the country once or twice a year.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We don't get to travel as much as I would like. Mainly due to me trying to get a degree. But when we do go on vacation it is to Disney World. Or we go to St. louis, Indianapolis, or Pigeon Forge. We budget for the small trips, but at WDW we try to splurge where we can.
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We usually take budget trips with the kids, museums, zoos, water parks and a lot of the time we go with another family and split the cost of a condo for the weekend for extra space. However, hubby and I took our first "luxury" trip 2 weeks ago - to Jamaica. We may do this more often!
    MrsRalf

Answer by MrsRalf at 10:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'm glad you asked this question.  I am a Travel Agent, but I actually don't travel that often, but when I do it is normally once a year.  I am a budget traveler.
    MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Actually I am a traveling nurse and have traveled all over the lower 48 quite extensively.. I move about every 4-6 months to a new location. ( But am presently in Savannah, GA for 13 months.. LOVE IT!!!).. but my suggestion is to do alot of research first.. If going to a bigger city check our www.gocardusa.com...
    Good luck!!
    annie91c2000

Answer by annie91c2000 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I love to travel, budget some things and spend more on some. We've travelled to England, Ireland, Italy, Hawaii (twice), St. Maarten(twice) Las Vegas (at least once a year) California, Utah, All along the East Coast and all around the state of Florida. We travel off-season so we miss the crowds and get good prices. That frees up more for nice meals, which we enjoy in white-tablecloth restaurants and dives. Love beautiful scenery. I thing I love Hawaii most of all.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008