Holding Baby

My baby is 4 months old. He has now been making noises like errggg or what sounds like a bark and he will do this whenever I am not looking at him. Then when I do look he will either smile or if I don't pick him up he will keep making noises or start to whine and eventually he will cry. He just likes to be held by his mother. I believe babies need the attention and comfort at this age still, so I pick him up when he cries, but usually ignore the wierd noises he makes b/c I dont want them associated with being picked up. I pick him up bc he does spend like 1/4 of the day either in a swing, bouncer, on his tummy or sitting in his donut,playing with toy, by himself. He is capable of entertaining himself with his hands, toys or even the t.v. or just watching me. I get sick of ppl saying he is going to be spoiled, or that I spoiled him when he was a newborn. I am a young single mom so I think people ....

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 11:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• think I have no idea what I am doing. I get so sick of visiters after awhile. I have a good system I think and my baby is happy for the most part. Anyone else feel like this and what do you tell ppl who say you are spoiling your baby? I try to give points about what I have researched bc I do look things up alot to make sure , but ppl still say this all the time.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thats bull about the spoil thing. Regardless of what people say, you cant spoil an infant. They need all the love and affection and physical contact posible. Some people tried to tell me that so I cut back then they said I was neglecting her! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE DANM!!
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 12:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Tell them that is YOUR child and YOUR life there for it is YOUR choice.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 12:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Tell them to jump off a bridge. It's YOUR baby and they don't stay little for long. Enjoy your child.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:04 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mine is almost 1 and will barely let me hold her anymore...do it while you can!
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Lauren, my little boy is the same way. I miss it!!!
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thats what I figure. I know I will miss it. I already almost cry when he grows out of outfits. I want him to stay like this forever hahaha.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You know what, the most secure, confident kids are the ones who know that mommy (and daddy) love them. The ones who know that if they cry someone will be there for them, whether they are hungry, wet, dirty or just lonely. And it sounds like your baby is one of the lucky ones. Keep doing what your doing!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Babies can not be spoiled. He needs to know that when he is communicating something to you, that you are listening. Whenever you feel like he is making a noise that is asking something of you, respond.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009