Which diaper works best with blowouts?

My 6 month old son has started having explosive bowel movements that shoot all the way up his back and out the top of the diaper. One even made it all the way to his hair. I have used Pampers Dry Baby and Cruisers. Can anyone recommend a diaper that will hold up to blowouts? (I spoke with his pediatrician about this; apparently it is normal)

Sillyfilly

Asked by Sillyfilly at 12:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has diapers like that all the time. I don't think any diaper can handle it.
    And we can't use anything but Pampers or he breaks out.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I LOVE THE WAL-MART DIAPERS!! When my son was first born nothing was to touch his pretty little butt but the most expensive of everything. Than my friend argues with me that the cheap stuff works best. I didn't believe her so we did a test and layed 4 brands out on the cabinet and poured water on them.Those wal-mart diapers could handle a nuclear bomb!!!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL, I wish Aeryn's butt could handle them, then.
    Sensitive butts run in my family. When I was a baby, my mom had to use cloth diapers and my sisters broke out with everything but Pampers.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 12:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• huggies seem to work 4 my sonon his runny butt days
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• luvs works for us
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It depends on the shape of your baby....My boy did best in Huggies, and my girls have been Pampers and Luvs.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My dd can't use anything but Huggies Lil' Movers. They hug tighter around the waste and hold things in better. She has NEVER had a diaper rash with them, and she's 8 months old!!!! I have tried the walmart brand.....rash and runs......couldnt use em. Pampers....were horrible. Never tried luvs....I just didnt like the feel and shape of them.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Luvs always worked great for us during that stage. For now, we are using pampers because I get them through the hospital for $17 a case and that's cheaper than the cheapest of diapers. They come out to around $0.11 a diaper that way. I dont really like pampers all that much but its cost effective for now. Luvs always worked best.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think it depends on your baby. I hate to tell you, but I think you'll have to try different brands until you find one that works for you:)
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 4:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009