Carpal tunnel in late pregnancy?

I'm 37 almost 38 weeks along and Iv'e had problems with swelling in my fingers/hands and in my ankles and feet but now that has shooting pains in my hands? Especially while typing. My aunt says it sounds like carpal tunnel, has anyone else had problems with this?? I can't find anything in my books and I don't have another Dr. appt for a week so I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yea, I had that problem. Went into the docs office and asked about it. It is quite normal for late pregnancy. It went away about 2 months after birth. It isn't exactly carpel tunnel, just something very similar; especially if you do things that are very repetitive with your hands. LOL! For me it was texting on my my phone! :D
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 12:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Im 37 weeks going on 38 also , and my wrist are the worst. 1st it was my right hand and wrist now its both and my right ankle. u atr totally not alone. My husband said it sound like carpel tunnel and the Dr. Confirmed it , its very painful to me.
    MrsNewMom

Answer by MrsNewMom at 12:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• its actually common throughout pregnancy. The hormones create the swelling. Usually the swelling in the wrist causes the symptom to mimic carpal tunnel. True carpal tunnel is actually the swelling and tightening of the "band" in your wrist squeezing the medial nerve. Once you have your baby things should get back to normal. If not I would see a massage or physical therapist.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2009