• In the Spotlight:

bottles?

my baby is now nearly 4 months and has been a breastfed baby, we have been trying to get him to take a bottle and he refused the nipple. we have tired playtex drop ins, soothie, first years breastflow bottle and dr browns he doesnt like any.
what others are there? which do you recomend for a breastfed baby? I got to go back to work here in a few weeks he has to learn to take one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Dr. Brown bottle worked really well with my son. They are kinda pricey so we just bought 5, and i wash them alot.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had the same problem... I tried all the bottles out there. I finally bought the cheap gerber ones and she took them.

Are you trying to give your baby the bottle? My daughter refused the bottle from me completely - of course - she wanted to drink from me. My husband gave her the bottle and I left the house. It took 6 hours but she was finally hungry enough to give up and take the bottle.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 12:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Have you tried Adri Natural Nursers? It's what I used for all 3 of my children who were breastfed (but took bottles occasionally). Here's the link- http://www.petittresor.com/baby-gear-adiri-natural-seller-adiri-natural-nurser-stage-1/baby-boutique-catalog.aspx?product=506 They work GREAT. I definitely recommend it.

GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 12:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• playtex ventaire
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• NUK, orthodontic. My dd just started using them and LOVES THEM!!!!!!!!! They dont give her gas.......works better than Dr. Browns for the gas imo. You can get them at walmart. Just make sure you dont get the size nipple for his age.....the hole are made bigger. Just keep the ones that come with it. GL!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 2:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I used Dr. Browns! DD really loved them..She liked them alot from day one! Well, the First week or 2 she was using the baby bottles they give you after you have the baby, The glass ones! and she did really good on thoses from day one! I breastfeed un until 3 months but I think Dr. Browns Really help with Everything from Colic to Gas!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009