Suicide

Do you think that a child who is under the age of accountability is damned for suicide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• how old are you talking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think what 7 to 9 years, I know I wanted to kill myself at 7 and understood what death was. So yeah 7 to 9 maybe all the way up to 12.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL I posted anon I didn't mean to hahaha.
    rhanford

• well at 7 they know better so yeah i'd say they go to hell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I don't believe that anyone is damned for committing suicide. I once was part of a conversation with my Granny who is a retired Anglican Reverend. We were in a Catholic cemetary and my sister asked why there was one grave way over by itself at the edge of the grave yard. Granny explained to her that people used to believe that people who killed themselves were going to hell for it and didn't get God's help anymore. But that now we realize that those are the ones who need God's help and love the most. It just rang so true for me, that they do need God, Budda, whoever's help the most because of what they'd done.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There is NO help for anyone once they are dead.
    The purgatory was and is a part of the Catholic belef and they prey on people's money promising that you can somehow say so many hail marys and pay a soul from there.
    It is not in the Bible any where. What is in the Bible is that the only way to get help is to hear it, practice it and live it.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 1:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i think that no one is damned for commiting suicide. i believe and thiis is ONLY MY BELIEF that if someone who is in enough pai nwhere they feel that its the only way out..yes i DO believe it's selfish but i do believe they got to a land of peace. love. tranquility. whether that land is called heaven or not thats where they go.( my belief) i dont think they are damned. i have had a very close friend of mine from high school recently commit suicide and i have dreams of him being happy now. at peace. he smiles and laughs now. so no i dont think ANYONE is damned for commiting suicide.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• This is a touchy one. First of all the jews believed a boy became a man at age 13 that is what the age of accountablilty comes from
    As for a child going to hell for killing themselves. That is up to the JUDGE. Not me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have to agree with Shaneagle777 on this one... cause im not sure... :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The belief that suicide is an unforgivable sin comes from the biblical scripture concerning destroying the temple of God, which Jesus taught was the body. Also the thought occurs that suicide negates the ability to ask for forgiveness. I do not agree with that at all. I believe that unless we are in that person's shoes we have no clue what it is they ask for before they pull the trigger or whatever. I believe that God is merciful andknows that to be at that point of taking their own life that person needs the love of God most.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 2:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2009