What is the Instead Cup?(NO bashing)

I'm TTC #2 and some people suggest I try using one? Okay so what are they? I've looked it up and I'm still confused! Please help me!! And is there anyone who's gotten pregnant using it? Thanks in advance!!

Dreamer313

Asked by Dreamer313 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i havent gotten pregnant using one but i know what they are... you have sex then put one in and tilt your hips and it traps the sperm in... i've heard it been called "the poor mans IUI"
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The Instead Cup is an alternative to tampons or pads. It kind of looks like a diaphram and you insert it during your period and it catches all the blood and stuff, then when it's full you just carefully remove it and dump it and toss it. I've never used it, but I guess you'd do like the previous poster said and insert it after sex so the sperm stays by your cervix rather than trickling out due to gravity.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• OHHHH LOL. I was trying to figure out why you would use that while trying to conceive. :) I get it. I haven't tried it but it does sound promising.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The instead cup does not sit right on your cervix. It won't work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i have heard of this working, i used it my last cycle and only have a few days left until testing, i have talked with several moms on cafemom that have used this to get preggo and they actually did concieve!! ignore the negative and give it a try!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009