Nutramigen with enflora

Does anyone have any experience with the new nutramigen? We started our six month old on it yesterday and today he has done nothing but scream and vomit. I am not talking spitting up but all out everything he has vomit. Also he is SUPER gassy and screams when you touch his stomach. Has anyone else had this problem. We ended up going to the store and getting a different formula that "wasn't what he needed" but that we knew he did fine on.

AMmarie20

Asked by AMmarie20 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd has been on the new stuff for about 2 months......i thought she did better on soy too. the difference i noticed is that she spits up way more, the formula is so thin it doesn't stay down as well. it may be the probiotics that they add that is hurting his stomach. Maybe ask the doctor about the regular Nutramigen. you can still get it I believe. Also, I think the gas part is also from it being so thin, and it makes a lot of bubbles..have you tried the mylicon drops?
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 5:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yeah mylicon helps a little. I am not an overreactive mom but it was bad enough last night that I wanted to take him in. He only drank about six ounces of the new stuff yesterday through the day and he reacted like that. He threw up so much last night he was dry heaving when he was done. Thats not spitting up thats vomit. I just dont know if he allergic or if he just cant tollerate the enflora and whether or not I should wait a few days and try again or just say forget it I will buy simalic
    AMmarie20

Answer by AMmarie20 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• maybe you could mix the two so he gets used to the enflora? if hes vomiting too much, I would call the doctor, but in the mean time, give him the old stuff so hes getting something. I'm frustrated with this new formulation too! your not alone!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I haven't heard of this new stuff.. I know when my daughter was little we had to choose between the nutramigen and the similac alimentum.. we ended up going with similac.

If he's having that hard of a time, I'd be calling his ped for advice as to what to do or try
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009