What can I take to help me sleep that is safe for baby too?

I cant fall asleep and when I finally do, I cant seem to sleep through the night. Do I just ask my doc when I go on Monday? What do you know of that I can suggest? or that I can take until then?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 28 weeks along and my OB put me on ambien the last time I left the hospital, which was last wensday, and got a prescription for it and I LOVE it. I was not sleeping at all from agonizing pain from a nephrostomy tube I have to keep in until my c section, which feels like a permenant kidney stone, and the ambien plus the pain medicine have been a god send. Ask your Dr, tell them whats going on, and I'm sure they will give you a prescription. Good luck:)
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I take a tylenol pm
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Or benadryl
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My really good friend is having a hard time sleeping, her doc told her to take some benadryl. Tylenol sleep is fine too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was told the same thing...Tylenol PM or Benadryl. I took both of them with both of my pregnancies.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 1:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• towards the end of my first pregnancy i was on ambian.. and even then I was only sleeping 2-3 hours at a shot, instead of the 6-8 I should have been getting from them.. Definatly talk to your doctor though and see what they think
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The night before I had my son, I was in the hospital - early labor - and they sent me home with an ambien.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 1:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009