I am having trouble potty training my 2 yr old son, Can any1 help me out!

He knows when he is poo poo but he tells me after he goes, He was doing good for a while and then he just stopped.

proudmomof2007

Asked by proudmomof2007 at 1:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just hold back for a few days. Maybe he is not ready yet. Try again in a few days. Don't push him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my daughter is almost 3 and is starting to do it on the big potty when its there time they will let you know my daughter told me...
    Bubbl3y

Answer by Bubbl3y at 1:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• keep stress out of the bathroom issues, many kids will stop doing something they have "learned" because the now know it... make going to the bathroom fun... put games, books and snacks in there... but he can only play/eat them while on the potty chair... save those things as a treat ... sometimes the little one will sit there for quite a while doing their business just to get to play ... if he uses the potty chair make a big deal about it.. you will reinforce the positive side of towlet learning... good luck, the bm's are the hardest part of potty training... take care...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 1:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 2yrs old is when toddlers only begin to be able to 'control' their bladder and start to get an understanding of the toileting sensations. That's why there are accidents,cause to young to control it like an adult does.
    2 is ok to try and start training,but most kids are closer to 3 when they can master it well and have better/fuller language skills and bladder control skills to make potty training faster and easier.

It takes time. Don't rush,push or stress them about it. Go with the flow,so to speak.

Clearbrite

Answer by Clearbrite at 1:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Boys usually train at 3 years old. Before that it is going to be you reminding him, you taking him, you doing it for him.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Is your son consistent when he poops? For example, my son always goes right after dinner so when we started potty training, we sit him on the potty with a book after dinner so he can go poop.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009