Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child custody

ok my boyfriend has a 6 year old girl he is suppose to see her 1 saturday a month because her mother decided to up and move to tn which she was living in ky... The judge said she had to let him see her no matter what... With a 3rd party contact but she change her number and he dont get to see her at all now and we have a son together he is a year old and only has seen his sister once what can we do

Answer Question

Asked by candace_086 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 2 (12 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Take her to court for contempt

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Contact the court.


    Answer by Gealach at 1:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • this court in ky says we have to take her to court in TN which I dont think is right they are the ones that made the arrangement

    Answer by candace_086 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • You have to take her to court in the county the order was done in

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Could be KY courts didn't understand what was being asked and gave BF the wrong info. First BF should go to the court house, talk to the court's self-filing clerk and be very, very clear about what he's asking. He should take every document he has with him. The clerk can't give legal advice, but can help him figure out what forms he needs to file.

    While he's there if they tell him TN has jurisdiction he needs to have them look up every document they have related to the case. She may have gotten a change in jurisdiction(don't know how she could have gotten one without BF being notified, though). Which would be why KY is telling him that he has to go through TN courts. If she has gotten one somehow, he needs to get a copy of it and get a lawyer to start unwinding the mess she's made.


    Answer by desert_diva at 11:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.