When I go to give my 3 month old son a bath and the water touches his head he screams why would he be doing that???

washing his head he screams.

water is the right temp

some times just lays there and likes it other times he just screams

Bubbl3y

Asked by Bubbl3y at 1:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Remember that in the womb, the amniotic fluid was surrounding them and not "running" over them. My son still hates to have water touch his head, i have to use a washcloth to run water over him and he's one year old. He also hates being in the room when the water is running, I guess it was too loud. Somethings are still scary to your baby.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 1:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• try to make the bath very peaceful, watch the lighting it might be a sensory overload... noise, lights water and touch... move slow as you introduce the water, slow on the back of the head then more to the back top and none to the face... wash his face from the front... talk soft or sing while washing him... hope this will help...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 1:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Maybe he's just a little afraid of it getting on his face. My little boy used to be leary of it touching his face, but not he'll lay his head sideways on the water and "hug" the water. It's so cute! LOL.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 1:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Look into sensory processing disorder
    mcqueenmom

Answer by mcqueenmom at 2:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My son loves to shower with me.He is only 2 months old now and i have been giving him a bath or at least rinsing him with water every other day since his cord fell off.He was like that the first 2 or 3 times but after that now he is just fine and he smiles lol.but he will scream if i dont start with the water onhis head first if i try to do his back or feet first he will go crazy.It could just be that he dosnt want a bath Kids do that.If he is fine sometimes and not others then it wouldnt be a disorder because if it was then he would be like that every time.Try to bathe himmore often or rinse him off so he gets used to the water running on him more.Its just an idea.If you think that there is something wrong with him then talk to his doctor at his next apointment if it dosnt get better.Good luck.And dont be afraid fo him to scream because of it. If the water is not to hot or cold then he might just be scared soothe him.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• thank you
    Bubbl3y

Answer by Bubbl3y at 4:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2009