Do you/did you microwave your baby's bottles or heat them up in hot water?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never heated a bottle. Are you supposed to if it's powder formula? Oh well, my kids are off bottles so it's too late now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• When I pumped I heated it in a bottle warmer, when I formula fed I just used hot tap water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yes I microwaved the Nursery water in the bottle before adding the formula. After my DD was off bottles someone told me your not supposed to microwave baby bottles but that was the only time I ever heard of it and the bottles were marked "microwave safe".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I just used warm water with formula. When I pumped, I would just put the bottle in a jar of hot water. Never microwave a bottle, because there can be hot spots and burn the baby's mouth. It's very dangerous and quite inconvenient, because then it's too hot and you have to wait anyway.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I always used hot waterr to warm the bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I heated my bottles where i could i was allways on the run .But regardless of where or how i heated them i allways heated half first shaked it and then put the rest in .Because if it was too hot the rest was able to kool it down .And i allways had that problem plus if i only used half bottle to heat this would happen quicker .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Your not supposed to heat in the microwave. It kills some of the nutrients. I only use hot water.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I heat in microwave, in a bpa free bottle, and I shake well after to distribute the heat...My kids are healthy and fine. I heat my leftover food in microwave too...they had to invent it for something.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL..mumma28. I guess you have a point, i'm just saying what the doc told me.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yeah, you can get a good bottle warmer for less than $20.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009