How come whenever you start to sing, you automatically sing in a higher voice than you talk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I grab onto my vagina I sing REALLY high!
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Some people sing lower.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 2:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Because when you start to sing your vocal chords tighten and stretch so that you can carry a tune, like if you were to watch any string on an instrument. You strum a guitar chord it stretches and vibrates to keep the note going. When you talk your vocal chords are relaxed and you talk in parts. :):)
    mommyk0106

Answer by mommyk0106 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• More experiences singers warm up their vocal cords and diaphram before beginning a song. That way they are able to begin on the note they are supposed to. That is what I do, anyway.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• One winter day, I'd just picked my daughter up from pre-school and we were singing Christmas songs. After a rousing rendition on Rudolf, my daughter announced, "Okay, we'll do it again, but this time, use your girl voice." Apparently, I needed to be singing at a shrill four year old pitch. lol So obviously, my singing voice isn't higher than my talking voice, but I definitely don't sound like Barry White either. :)
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 1:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009