I have cactus plants in my yard. How can I get rid of them?

I live in Indiana by the way(not kidding) and don't understand why I have cactus growing in my yard! Serious answers only please.

mkagdchcetdy

Asked by mkagdchcetdy at 2:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dig them all up.

Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I tried that and unfortunately it didn't work.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 3:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• the only idea i could think of is to dig them up again...but remove quite a bit of the soil around where they were and put fresh soil down...there might have been seeds still in the old soil...only thing i can think of.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ok this is an easy one. I had to get rid of three of them and this is how i did it. dig them up but make sure you dig the rutes up all the way and them pour pure bleach on them. they do sell stuff at the stores that helps kill them. but bleach kills them. you have to dig up the hole thing with rutes and all.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Thanks for all your answers! I'm going to dig up all the cactus and pour bleach on them. I'll let you know how it goes. I may have to post some before and after pic's.
    mkagdchcetdy

Answer by mkagdchcetdy at 12:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Dig them up, and then pour round up in the hole
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2009