• In the Spotlight:

So I cut my hair and my SO hasnt seen it yet and I know hes gonna shit!....

He likes my hair super long and I cut it today a good 4 inches shorter! He hasnt been home and is staying at his dads tonight, long story, but How do I get around to telling him without him getting super pissed?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmm... sounds like my DH! I love my hair long, he likes it down past my butt long!!!! To me, that is TOO long! It doesn't look good that long, so I cut it and he says "at least it isn't up to your shoulders, then I'd divorce you!" LOL he's joking when he says it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• tell him its YOUR hair. lol. I keep my hair brown even though DF likes it blonde. I am going to surprise him with blonde hair on our wedding day but other than that, my head, my rules. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yeah it's your hair! He should love you for you not because your hair is long, short, blonde, brunette or bald.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• UMMM . . . it's your hair. Does he consult you before he shaves?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• but do let us know if your new hairstyle really makes him shit. That would be interesting.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL my hubby is like that, I once cut my hair to my shoulders and he made it very clear he liked my hair long, so now im just letting it grow to a descnet length, maybe mid back, instead of down my butt crack, LOL. But I'd just warn him before showing so he can brace himself
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had far shorter hair when I met hubby and got married. After it grew longer he kept saying "I liked it how it was back then". Um, that was back in the 80s.... Lol
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 4:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My ex liked my hair long too. While I was with him, I kept my hair long to please him. Then one day it dawned on me, "it's my hair." I cut it to my shoulders and awaited him to come home. I knew he would say something. He was very immature about it. He told me that "it's not me" and I should never make such a mistake again. You know what? He was right. It isn't me to follow someone else's shallow idiocracy, and I have never made such a "mistake" again. lol
    By the way, my husband now is the sweetest man ever, who loves me for me, and would never make a comment to intentionally make myself question my self-esteem.
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 4:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You can always tell him that the ends were damaged and that much had to be cut in order to get to the healthy part. Also, tell him that when a few inches is cut off long hair it actually grows out faster, at least it does for me and my daughters.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:04 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well being in a culture where hair is a HUGE deal my father always told me and my older sisters that women should never cut their hair; he didn't mind trimming the ends or even cutting bangs - all that was good but the bulk of hair should be long. Well one by one my older sisters cut their hair and my our mother thought my dad would just die. Oh, he wailed about how no man would marry any of my sisters so by the time my 3rd sister turned 18 my dad just braced himself for her hair cutting event. It never happened and she and I kept it long until my sister was diagnosed with Lupus and the medication they put her on weakened her hair so she had no choice but to cut it but hey she's was 43 when she did it and it looked like graduated bob that Victoria Beckham had for a while. Now it is only I who has all of this damn hair. I promised my father that I would never cut it until I was either 40 or he was 6ft under. I'm 32 and...
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2009