So what I wanted to ask earlier cause its more active here at night is................

My MIL wants us to move in with her and let her rent the house she was letting us live in. DH is coming home next week from hospital cause he was hurt on his job and broke both legs. We have a baby due in october and I really wanted it to just be us. Should I just go along with it or beg MIL to let us have this time. He will be getting disability soon and we can pay her something by next month. Am I being selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you guys are in a pickle. It is very nice that your MIL has let you stay in a home that she owns. It is also very nice that she has offered to open her home to your family while you are down on your luck. If I were you, I would put my dreams of living by yourselves on hold, just for the moment. Take up her offer on moving in. It may be tight quarters for a bit, but financially it will help both of you. Just think, soon no one will be sick, you will have a happy healthy baby, and have saved enough to get back out on your own.
    One more thing, my ex tried to draw disability (legit) and was turned down alot. We had to get a lawyer and finally after a year he received his first check. Good luck to the both of you, and hang in there. Years down the road you'll look back on this time and say, "wow, how did we get throught it???" lol
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 4:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think you need to to MIL that you need time to be together. If she wants to come over and bring some meals and help around take care of of her son that could be wonderful. But try it on your own as long as you can unless his needs are more than you can handle RIGHT N0W/ Later when the baby arrives, you can re=evaluate the situation. Good luck
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 4:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• be honest and tell her you need time to bond as a lil family. If she gets mad, let dh talk to her. you are not selfish, not at all.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• He will get some physical therapy after the casts are off but we really want to be a lone family for a while. We can pay her 150-200 a month for now but it seem like she just wants us there to baby her son and to eagle eye me as a mom. I had a good job but the plant closed down. I was a receptionist. I wish we would have planned better but how do you plan an accident?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• noway sorry MIL stays in her own place if at all possible try renting a room out or something less is more!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• she will drive you crazy rent a room in a house can get realy low rent like 200.00/mo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009