any cures for pink eye?

Dr. closed tomarrow it is for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• Manuka honey works wash eyes with it
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• http://www.eyecarebasics.com/eye-care-articles/cure-for-pink-eye.htm

It might help... I didn't see any "cures" but there are suggestions on how to make it better. I would def go in Mon. if you can! Hope you feel better soon!

07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:03 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You could ask your pharmacist for advice. Warm compresses is my thought. But you should see a doctor as soon as possible. How about an urgent care clinic?

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I just got over pink eye!! I was using my contact stuff to wash my eye out about 4-6 times a day, and at night I would lay a warm compass on it. It took about 2 weeks for it to go away, but I really don't like taking any medicine, so it just happened to clear up for me. Hope that helps!
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Go to an urgent care clinic. Pink eye is highly contagious until you have been on meds for 24 hours and if left untreated can cause other problems with your eyes and sight (per my doctor and eye doctor). I never mess around when it comes to my eyes. You can be infecting the rest of your family and anyone you come into contact with until you get the drops. I highly suggest using Lysol on any hard surfaces that you can to prevent it from spreading to others.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• They are going to give you an eye drop solution that you can by over the counter visine or clear eyes should work. Use it every 4 hours make sue that you wash your hands before and after. They will only give you antibiotics if you've had it for more then a week and it's really bad. If you do this it should clear up in a week but you have to stay on top of it and not touch your eyes. Keep washing your hands. My dd had it and this is what we did and it worked.
    Squishysmom2

Answer by Squishysmom2 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2009