why do they get up so freaken early??

my daughter has been getting up at 6 530 and now 5 all this past two weeks. i can handle 6 but 530 and 5? imnot a morning person, itdoesent matter how late she goes to bed she still gets up early. her normal bed time is about 830, what can i do to help her sleepin?

wildchildtame

Asked by wildchildtame at 5:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like my dd!!! I am a NIGHT person.... so the whole morning thing was VERY hard. Now she's 20 mos and won't go to bed until 11-midnight! Even if I put her in her room and do EVERY METHOD OUT THERE! if she were to go to bed at 830, she would be up at 3! My MIL always says "you will never get a good night of sleep ever again"...... so far, she's right!
    How old is your baby girl???
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:48 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ugh my 5mo gets up earlier everyday. i think in a month shell have cut out sleeping all together. she doesnt nap either :(
    i have no advce
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 6:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• try a darker room, even a small fan or a sound system to block out any early morning sounds... it could just be her little internal clock going off but I notice that our littlest one that would get up at those hours will sleep better and longer if she has a fan in her room... I wonder if her internal clock will shift back a bit to the 6-6:30 time in the fall? otherwise I hope you can go to bed yourself by 9ish to be refreshed for her early wake up call.... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 7:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My 2nd born has always been an early riser. My goal is to keep him in bed until 6:30. That is my new 'sleeping in!!!' We have done several things - fan for white noise, dark curtains so it is dark in the room, and when he gets up before 6 we put him back in bed. Sometimes I stay in the room so he doesn't get back up. If he is still awake at 6:30 I allow him up. Once he is sleeping until 6:30, we will work on 6:45!! Good luck! You may have to become an early riser.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• change her, feed her, burp her and put her back in her crib...just make sure either that your in hearing distance of her, or that you have a baby monitor...then catch a few zinks! i used to do this till 8am with my first....and she got into the routine that she would just sit and play or make noises in her crib...she didnt even cry...she knew i would get her at 8...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Maybe try pushing her bedtime back a little bit -- she may just be overtied by the time she goes to bed and wakes up early? My son's bedtime used to be 7:30 and he was waking up at 6 and then 5. We decided to push it back to 6:45, then 6:30, then 6:00 and he actually started sleeping in later. Now he sleeps from 6:30-7 p.m. to 6:30 am. every night. Even now if he wakes up a little early he'll play in his crib or fall back asleep until 6:30.

I don't know. Every baby is different. That seemed to work for us. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I always wondered why farmers got up and milked the stupid cows so early. I thought I would be a lazy farmer and wait until 9. It turns out they milk the cows so early because that is the time they have optimal milk output.

Human babies wake up early because they have genetic programs to nurse when milk production is best. It doesn't matter that in the last century of human evolution we have figured out how to artificially feed babies and not kill them.

Their internal clocks are supposed to work in concert with pheromones from their breastfeeding mother. For this to work they need to be sleeping with or very near their mother.

This is the biological explaination.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My daughter used to sleep till 1030 before she was up for the day.. then it was 930, then 830.. now its pretty much somewhere between 630 and 730.. she's 18 months now.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Sorry dunno... my baby girl sleeps till 9 or 10 sometimes.... i hope it stays that way for a lon long time!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009