Child moving back home...anyone else?

My 15 yr old is moving back in tomorrow. Long story short...young single mom on welfare with 4 kids doing the best she can and an overbearing worker comes in and destroys her stealing her kids. The two youngest are placed for adoption (my oldest daughter has made contact with their family so I get udates) and the two oldest go into foster homes.
New worker comes in after papers are signed and works with mom. Mom gets visits, daughter reaches adoptive parents and now daughter is moving home due to no homes left. Usually they don't consider this until the child is 16, but they are stuck.
Blessings, they are moving her in tomorrow on a "foster parent trial" basis meaning that they give us $ for room & board and continue to pay for everything same as a foster home situation.
I'm excited and happy but scared too as its been years with no kids, now a teen girl. I may be here alot. Has anyone else had this happen?

Mom24ancounting

Asked by Mom24ancounting at 7:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Our children moved in and out several times but not under circumstances that were anywhere close to similar to yours. However, one key to making it work is that you have in place rules of the house and that you enforce them. Fifteen is a difficult age for a girl. She thinks she is an adult, but she isn't. She is in the process of becoming an adult and she needs help in getting there. That means she needs structure and responsibility. So think about how you want your house to be run and see to it that it is run that way. In other words, don't let her move back and make her own rules nor rules for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My children moved in for a while, different circumstances- waiting for their place to be ready- but we did have rules that they followed and chores they were expected to do.

Answer by Bmat at 8:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 15 with four kids?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My son moved back this year different circumstances. Set rules and stick to them, make a chore chart and be firm. You will be great. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• sorry rkoloms, I meant I had 4 kids at a young age. Just the way it was worded I can see how you thought it was her...lol.
    Thank you to everyone for your responses.
    Mom24ancounting

Answer by Mom24ancounting at 6:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2009