My dumb ass baby father

im an idiot i gave my baby father money all the time when i was pregnant and came to find out he had a girlfriend...i still looked out for him even though he lied now that my daughter's here he don't do shit but disrespect me and call me immature my he really hurt my feelings and i think im so mad and bitter b/c i looked out for him and i never gave a man money like that before andthe thanks i get is fuck u and leave me alone but i cant even get him to come see his daughter or send me money but i guess this is what i get for being stupid. I just can't get over this and its making me look like im beat over him but in all reality im mad bc i gave him a lot of money and now he treat me like shit

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sorry that he is not returning the favor or being a resbonsible father. If you gave the money as a loan or gift, if it was a gift then I belive it is gone. If it was a loan then sue him and get custy and child support set up while you are at it. Good luck
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You have learned a from this. Never do it again. If he doesn't volinteer come see his kid. You can not force him. About child support, take him to court.

Answer by louise2 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You can't turn a boy into a man by giving him money. He is obviously immature because he didn't take responsibility for your child. You can't force him to visit, you can, however, force child support. You don't need a lawyer, just sign up for state benefits, believe me, they will get you child support from him.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:49 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I see many problems here and many reasons for not having babies with a SO. FIRST: Get married. SECOND: Wait a few years after marriage before having children to make sure the marriage is on firm ground. THIRD: Use birth control. AND, please,if you want to be a successful, respected person, go back to school and learn how to write. PLUS, clean up your langage. Then , if you think about these answers, (And you did ask a question...) you won't have to put up with loser boyfriends. Good luck.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Get child support.
    Linda, I don't see why you should have to wait years after getting married to have a child. My husband and I decided we wanted a baby 7 months after we got married. We're not about to split up. We're very happy and we love being a family. We've been married for 2 and a half years and we're planning to have another baby soon.
    Everyone is different. What works for some may not work for all.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You are lucky, allans girl. That is really nice. But nowdays with so many people divorcing,it is a good idea for most people to wait at least 2 years.
    And, if a girl has a baby with a SO, ( not a husband ) the guy has no commitment and can't be counted on for anything to help out with the kid or the relationship. I know-I am just speaking in general terms, not trying to criticize anyone who has been in your situation. Congratulations to you and your hubby
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Men are scum!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:35 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You have disrespected yourself and that makes it very difficult to comman respect from anyone else. The best thing you could do for yourself and probably for your child is to let this man go. Then spend several months at least thinking about the mistakes you made with him and using that information to form some guidelines for what you want in a man. Then make up your mind that you can live alone for the rest of your life if you have to. Having just any man is never better than having no man. Make up your mind that you will never again settle for someone who does not love you for who you are and not for what you can give him. You can never buy love, not with money, not with sex, not with promises to help. Love is a commitment, and if you don't have that, it ain't love!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2009