Going from SAHM to a working mom.....

I am so used to spending every second of every day with my son, but recently started working. Now I feel like I never see him. Anyone else feel like they are missing out because they are working? lol I mean I know I need to work, but Id rather just take care of my baby :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is rough. There are good things about working- being with other adults, having money, security, providing a service, but you are drawn to be with the little one. Keep his picture nearby if you can. When you are home enjoy every moment with him. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry you don't get to see your son. I'd sad women have to be away from their babies. You can ask the person who cares for your baby to try to have your baby sleep as much as possible while you are away. Then your baby can stay up later at night to be with you.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:18 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It is really hard to have to go back to work after being a SAHM. Someone said bring a picture, it does help, as does having one of your little ones blankets in your car. THe important thing is to remind yourself that you are working so that your child will have more and better things in life. Make the very best of your time with your little one. It does get a little easier, and you get to come home to all those smiles and hugs that litlle ones give when mom and dad have been away for a few hours.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh wow I will start work after staying home for 3 yrs this August, so I can deeply sympathize with you. You just have to remember you are doing what is right for your family(if you are like us you are going to work because its a necessitiy to pay bills). Just think though you working will help you pay off bills and be so much less stressed and then when you do spend time together there wont be bill on your shoulders, or you may even be able to take a vacation. Its good for the little one he will have the chance to be around other kids his age, and learn those social skills. And yes I will feel as though I am missing out, but sometimes we gotta do what is needed and not what we want...and that sucks when it means spending less time with our babies. Oh, and just always leave work at work NEVER come home stressed because of it..that is yalls time together! Good luck girl!
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2009