Heavy wetter?

What exactly is considered a heavy wetter, and is it normal or safe? i am started to get concerned about my son who always seems to leak out of diapers especially at night although he doesn't drink more than 30 oz od liquid a day. how much liquid should he be drinking? oh and my DS is 13 months old.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 8:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son always wakes up with VERY wet diapers and he's very healthy and very hydrated. But he sleeps for 12 hours.
    How long does your son sleep?
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 9:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my son has always woken with with very heavy diapers too!he always sleeps 10-12 hours a night as well
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My son normally sleeps about 11- 12 hrs a night. when he was in disposables he would leak out of them and he still does in the cloth diapers I have him in now, but i think that might be b/c he has started this habit of trying to put his shorts or shirt inside his diaper so they then get wet, but i'm just trying to figure out if it's him or the diaper, i think it's more him, and not in a general heavy wetter way, even though i just think he is a heavy wetter. my husband is more concerned than i am he wants me to take him to the dr b/c he thinks there is something wrong with him b/c he pees a lot, men, go figure. lol
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 9:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's hard to calculate how much fluids he gets a day. He gets fluids from the things he drinks and from the foods he eats. Obviously some foods are very high in fluids and others are low.

Some kids go more during the day and some more at night. My youngest started being dry at night before he was 1 and I could even leave a diaper off. I don't know why but he just didn't pee at night. He may be the other extreme of normal.

You can mention it to his doctor next time you go.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:07 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• best thing to do is make sure he has no liquids past 7pm....best way to avoid overflowing diapers at night :)
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my dd peed alot when she was still in diapers and nothing worked except goonights or underjams
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 2 hemp liners in DDs cloth diapers worked wonders for me :)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009