Where was your wedding, how much did it cost, how many guets were there, and did you have a honeymoon (if so, where?)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Upstate, NY. $35K. 250. Yes, Cancun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• we were very very very broke...we did everything on our own...all together our wedding cost no more than 400$. i found my dress at a local store that was on clearance...bought all party favors...had the wedding and party at my mothers house...she has a huge livingroom with a bay window that opens onto a gorgeous field so we got married in front of the window...my mom decorates cakes so she made ours...she also made a complete buffet spread, we had about 30 people, some even came up from nevada to maine...we didnt have a honeymoon though because we couldnt afford it...
    I do admit...i wish i could get married again, so i can have a real wedding in a real church...but i think we did good for being as poor as we were...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• New Jersey, Country Club, $50,000 (including month long-honeymoon in Australia), 150 guests--paid for by ourselves. Very happily married 10 years! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had 3 weddings.

The first was traditional with around 100 people. We kept the cost down by doing a lot ourselves or knowing people that could do things. Aprox. $500. Yes, Florida

The second was immediate family. $100. Yes, Michigan. This was my favorite. We got married at the church and all went out to eat at a favorite restraunt of mine. It was easy and fun.

The third was traditional with I guess around 100 people. I don't know the cost. No honeymoon. All I had to do was show up. I was in grad school and under a lot of stress. It was at the beginning of the first Gulf War and my husband was in the Navy Reserves and was expected to be called to active duty. I had just had a bad miscarriage.

I wanted to just have a small ceremony. He wanted a big wedding and planned it all. I don't remember much. All my pictures were in a fire. It was a short marriage.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:02 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We had a large wedding in our church but kept it simple. Total cost, including dress and tux was under $3000. We went to Mackinac City for our honeymoon and took a cooler with food. I think our total cost for gas, food, and hotel was about $300.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My wedding was in the church I grew up in. Total cost was $2000-$3000. It was a beautiful wedding. We spent the night in a hotel, but we didn't have much of a honeymoon because he had a limited time for leave.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh, and we probably had a little over 100 people.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mexican restaurant, eleven guests plus the JOP, approximately $300 for the entire thing, honeymoon in Amsterdam a year later.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We had a very small church wedding with about 60 guests. There was a short reception in the church basement with coffee,tea and hors duevres and no wedding dance. I bought my own wedding dress. My parents paid for the rest and it totaled about $350.00. We had a weekend at Howard Johnson's and then back to work and college the next Monday. LOL. But we had a lovely honeymoon in Hawaii four years later . My DH was in SE ASia and had an R&R so I left our baby daughter with grandparents and flew to meet him in Hawaii. It was great.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• This was our 2nd wedding for both, we went kind of low key, smaller wedding, $10K (we paid) at a country club. 75 guests. Honeymoon in Jamaica. We did a Friday night to save lots of $.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009